Snowshoe RentalWe now have 22 pairs of snowshoes available to rent FREE of charge.
The following snowshoe rental policies apply:
- There must be at least eight inches of snow on the ground before rentals will be made available.
- Snowshoe rentals are free for members & nonmembers. Renters under 13 years of age must be accompanied by and adult (18 years or older)
- A rental application and liability waiver must be filled out prior to first time use.
- Rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis during business hours of the Rec Center. The last rentals will be made one hour before closing.
- Snowshoes cannot be taken off Cato-Meridian Central School property.
- A driver’s license, credit card or car keys will be held as a deposit.
- Put the snowshoes on outside
- Put the ball of your foot over the top of the hinge, centered on the snowshoe. Your toes should hang over the front of the foot bed.
- Tighten the black front strap first, followed by the blue heel strap and make sure you insert the black strap into the fasteners.
- The straps don’t need to be overly tight. Just make sure they are snug.
- Try out the fit of the snowshoes on a rug before you start.
Sizes by weight
Small (Yellow):up to 150 lbs.
Medium (Green): up to 175 lbs.
Large (Orange): up to 220lbs.