Spectrum Annouces Free Internet for Families with StudentsOn Friday, Spectrum announced to the general public they are willing to provide free internet service and wifi (for 60 days) to students and families impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in the event of widespread school closures. The District is not endorsing Spectrum, but in light of these current events the District will be sharing all opportunities that will make it easier for students to access online learning platforms. In an effort to provide you with information to take advantage of Spectrum's offer, we would like to share the following:
Please follow this step by step process:
1. Please dial 1-855-243-8892
2. State the following when prompted - "I don't have an account."
3. State the following when prompted - "Set-up a new account."
4. You will be transferred to a sales representative.
5. Please tell the representative you are a student or family impacted by Coronavirus Pandemic and looking to take advantage of the free internet service and wifi offering. (Please note this opportunity is available only if a family or individual has not used Spectrum services within the last 30 days. You should not be required to provide a credit card number; however, the offer only includes 2 months of service. You will need to call to cancel at that time or you will be billed for the third month.)
6. The representative will assist you with scheduling an installation date and time.
Again, we are sharing this information as a courtesy so that families within our school community may take advantage of this public service offering if needed to support our students. The District is not affiliated with Spectrum nor responsible for any fees or charges associated with this offering.
Other information you may wish to consider with this offer:
• An individual may be home when the installation occurs.
• Installations are performed any day of the week including weekends between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 pm.
• Please consider the number of calls Spectrum will be receiving beginning Monday morning when this option becomes available to the general public